When you pass your test the learning does not stop. It takes a lot of time and experience to learn how to anticipate dangers, to cope with hazards and to drive in different conditions.
HOW TO STAY SAFE
- Follow the rules of ‘The Highway Code for Northern Ireland’ every time you use the road and read The Safety Code for New Drivers.
- Slow down! Remember – you can never control the consequences if you speed
- Never Ever Drink and Drive
- Always pay attention and stay alert – One lapse can last a lifetime
- Always wear your seatbelt – No seatbelt No excuse
REMEMBER – under the New Drivers Order you will have your licence revoked if you get six penalty points on your licence within two years of passing your first driving tests. You will need to pass both the theory and practical tests again to get back your full licence.
Share this page with anyone that you know is a young or new driver. Do it today because every road death is one too many.
SHARE THE ROAD TO ZERO.Facebook and Twitter for daily road safety tips and Highway Code Rules.