PAY ATTENTION TO THE CAUSES OF CASUALTIES BY CARELESS DRIVING
The top six causes of casualties by careless driving in Northern Ireland in rank order are:
- Driver Inattention.
- The wrong course or position.
- Turning right without care.
- Emerging from a minor road without care.
- Overtaking on the offside without care.
- Crossing or entering road junction without care
PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONSEQUENCES
If you kill someone by driving carelessly you can go to prison for up to 5 years, be disqualified from driving and get a criminal record for life.
- Read, learn and follow all the rules of The Highway Code for Northern Ireland. They could save your life or keep you out of prison.
- Always be attentive and read the road ahead.
- Never allow yourself to be distracted when driving.
- Never take risks when driving.
- Never text or talk on a mobile phone when driving. Even hands-free phones are distracting and significantly increase your risk of crashing.
PAY ATTENTION OR PAY THE PRICE. LIVES DEPEND ON IT!
Share this page with all your friends and family. Do it today because every road death is one too many.
SHARE THE ROAD TO ZERO.
First published on 30 April 2014.
Last published on 26 December 2015.