If you use your mobile phone to write or read a text message while driving:
- Your reaction time will increase.
- You are not paying attention to the road or how you are driving.
- You are more likely to fail to detect hazards.
- You will be more prone to drifting outside your lane.
- You will have poor control of your speed.
- You will increase your risk of crashing.
One lapse can last a lifetime
If you use or are distracted by a mobile phone while driving, you could kill or seriously injure someone and face up to 14 years in prison.
Share this page with all your friends and family because EVERY road death is one too many.Facebook and Twitter for daily road safety tips and Highway Code Rules.