There are many roadworks on-going throughout Northern Ireland to build better roads and improve everyone’s journeys.
When you approach roadworks or see a ‘Roadworks Ahead’ sign take extra care. Follow these 5 easy tips:
- Slow down. Adjust your speed to the temporary speed limits and the conditions. You MUST not drive faster than the speed limit, including a temporary speed limit.
- Keep a safe distance from roadworkers, other vehicles, traffic barriers and construction equipment.
- Pay extra attention, and in particular look out for roadworkers who may be hidden from your view and vehicles entering or leaving the work area.
- Obey all signs – it’s the law.
- Read, remember and follow Highway Code Rule 288.
It is always a good idea to plan ahead and allow extra time for unexpected delays during your journey. Never rush or take risks on the road.
Every road death is one too many –
SHARE THE ROAD TO ZERO.