Valentine’s is a day for love, but don’t let romance turn into road death. Reckless and careless driving doesn’t impress anyone. So, if you’re out on a date this Valentine’s night follow these simple rules to stay safe:
- NEVER take your eyes off the consequences!
When driving always concentrate – ONE LAPSE CAN LAST A LIFETIME.
2. SLOW DOWN! You should adjust your speed to the traffic conditions. It’s a fact that speed is the biggest single killer on Northern Ireland’s roads. Don’t let love make you rush on the road!
3. NEVER EVER DRINK AND DRIVE. Leave the car at home, don’t let your date end in tragedy.
If you want to have a drink this Valentine’s day, make alternative arrangements to get home safely, for example:
– Choose a designated driver.
– Order a legal taxi.
– Use public transport.
4. NO SEATBELT. NO EXCUSE. If you forget to wear your seatbelt, whether it be in the front seat or the back, just ONCE, ask yourself who are you prepared to kill? Without a seatbelt it only takes ONE trip to kill.
GO SAFE. IT’S THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE THIS VALENTINE’S DAY.
Share this page with all your friends and family whether they are drivers, cyclists or motorcyclists because EVERY road death is one too many.Facebook and Twitter for daily road safety tips and Highway Code Rules.