You may use buses on a daily basis, but that doesn’t mean you’re not at risk.
Remember you’re more at risk around buses rather than on a bus. Follow these simple rules to help keep yourself safe:
- Stand well back from the kerb, particularly when the bus is approaching.
- If you have earphones in or headphones on, remove them while the bus apporaches
- Don’t mess around with your friends
- Place your bag safely and out of the way of other passengers
- Never distract the driver
To find out more about keeping yourself safe on and around buses click here to view our quick guide.
SHARE THE ROAD TO ZERO.Facebook and Twitter for daily road safety tips and Highway Code Rules.