Bus Safety – Keeping Yourself Safe
You may use buses on a daily basis, but that doesn’t mean you’re not at risk.
Remember you’re more at risk around buses rather than on a bus. Follow these simple rules to help keep yourself safe:
- PAY ATTENTION WHEN GETTING OFF A BUS.
- NEVER step out from behind or in front of a bus.
- WAIT at the verge or footpath until the bus has moved away before you cross the road. Drivers cannot see you and you cannot see approaching vehicles.
- CONCENTRATE on the traffic – Look left and right and only cross when you can see that it is clear.
- DO NOT get distracted by your friends, mobile phones or music.
To find out more about keeping yourself safe on and around buses click here to view our quick guide.
… and share it with your friends and family.
Share the Road to Zero.
Please do not reply to this email.