Teach your child how to be safer around school buses:
- STOP, LOOK and LISTEN before they cross any road. See >>> Highway Code Rule 7 a-e ‘The Green Cross Code’.
- STAY on the footpath or the verge until the bus has moved far away.
- ACT sensibly on and around school buses.
- BEWARE of the dangers of traffic hidden from their view by the school bus.
- NEVER cross the road IN FRONT of the school bus.
You, as a parent or guardian, are responsible for your child’s safety. Young children should be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children develop at different rates and only YOU can decide when your child is ready to behave safely around the roads.
Advice on Covid-19 for children on public transport
Remember, children should social distance whenever possible and wearing a face covering is mandatory on public transport for our young people travelling to school, with exemptions for children under the age of 13.
For Covid-19 related advice on public transport, see nidirect.
Stay Safe.Facebook and Twitter for daily road safety tips and Highway Code Rules.