In Northern Ireland, over 95% of crashes where someone is killed or seriously injured are due to human error, so road deaths are preventable.
Sharing the Road to Zero starts right here for all road users. Follow these 5 rules every time you use the road and you will significantly reduce the risk that you will kill someone.
1. Follow the rules of The Highway Code for Northern Ireland every time you use the road. The Highway Code could keep you out of prison and save you from killing others or being killed whether you are a driver, a motorcyclist, a cyclist, a pedestrian or any other type of road user. Download The Highway Code FREE today. (PDF, 2.8mb)
2. SLOW DOWN! Remember – YOU CAN NEVER TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE CONSEQUENCES
3. NEVER EVER DRINK AND DRIVE!
4. Always keep your eyes on the road – ONE LAPSE CAN LAST A LIFETIME!
5. Always wear your seatbelt, front and rear – NO SEATBELT NO EXCUSE!
Help all your friends and family to be safer and to Share the Road to Zero with you by sharing this page. Do it today – Share the Road to Zero.
First published on 8 November 2013.
Last published on 17 November 2014.